jueves, 30 de julio de 2015

World Day Agaisnt Trafficking in Persons

I have stayed away from my social network as I needed some time for myself and my family. Consequently, I haven’t published a single thing in this blog for quite a long time. However, I have to admit that I did miss it sometimes but it seems that I could not find a muse to inspire me for a while. Yesterday I was told that July 30 was The World Day Against Trafficking in Persons, and I realised that I had to write about it.



The figures said that most of the victims of human trafficking are women, especially immigrant women. They are offered a better life somewhere far away from home and they truly believe that all their dreams are about to come true. They dream with a job that could provide the means for them and their families. However, once they get tho their destiny everything is taken away from them: their ID, their money, and overall their freedom and their dignity. They are enslaved and forced into prostitution; they do fear for their lives and for those they love, as a result there is no room for hope. Sometimes they are rescued either by the police or some organization who struggles to find a solution to their plight. Unfortunately, there are still many women trapped in this terrible situation, waiting to be freed.
Nevertheless, human trafficking does not only affect women but also children. Some of them are sold by their own parents to dishonest people who exploit them in factories or plantations. Others are seized and taken away from their parents who love them and desperately search everywhere for them. They all lose their innocence and their childhood forever, and even though they could be rescued what they have lost can’t be recovered.
We all are born free and equal and no one has the right to sell or buy another human being as our lives are priceless and we belong to nobody.

I think it is already late to join the #igivehope campaign, however, I would like to send some hope to those affected by this crime.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario en la entrada